Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I can no longer enjoy October 6th



I’ve never been to Japan, but now I feel that I almost have to, and on October 6th to be specific as that day has now been officially named Tom Cruise Day. The Japan Memorial Day Association gave Cruise his own day of celebration to recognize the actor for his “love” and “close association with” Japan. Said love was recently expressed on a promotional tour across the country when he personally (personally) rode the bullet train from Osaka to Tokyo pimping MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE:III and starred in THE LAST SAMURAI. The Association said that Cruise was the first actor/actress to receive the honor and made no clarification on why October 6th was chosen. Perhaps it’s because October 6th is 10/6 or 106, which is the elemental number of seaborgium, an isotope made up of….OK, I can’t seem to find any connection. Of course, another important Cruise date in Japan is November 17th, when M:I:III is conveniently released on DVD.

0 comments:

 

Followers